Take an ordinary dish and make it extraordinary with Ellyndale Naturals™ Liquid Coconut Oil, a convenient and natural cooking oil made from non-GMO coconuts. Unlike solid coconut oil or butter, our liquid coconut oil is specially processed to remain free-flowing at room temperature. This means no more waiting for solid coconut oil to melt! It also has a higher concentration of MCT fatty acids and contains no trans-fats, artificial ingredients or additives, making it a versatile cooking oil thats hard to beat.
- Remains liquid even at refrigerator (40F) temperatures.
- Flavored naturally from coconut oil.
- Our liquid coconut oil has a higher percentage of shorter chain triglycerides than regular coconut oil, changing its melting temperature to a lower level.
- Comparable to MCT oil with respect to health benefits and their ability to support weight management.
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and light in a tightly sealed container.
- Liquid Coconut Oil can be used the same way as traditional coconut oil.
- Great for cooking, frying, and sauting.
Smoke Point: 320 360
Liquid Coconut Oil Questions & Answers
- How does the Coconut Oil stay liquid versus regular coconut oil? The temperature at which coconut oil melts or solidifies depends on its balance of fatty acids, as well as the presence or absence of natural impurities that help trigger crystal formation to stimulate the oil turning sold at a faster rate or higher temperature. Purer or filtered oils will hold their liquid state at lower temperatures than unfiltered oils that contain more impurities (solid particles). Our Liquid Coconut Oil has a higher percentage of the shorter chain triglycerides than regular coconut oil, changing its melting temperature to a higher level (which is not specifically determined).
- At what temperature will it begin to solidify? The solidification temperature has not been determined, but it should remain liquid even at refrigerator (40oF) temperatures.
- What is meant by fractionated coconut oil? Some of the high melting longer chain saturated fatty acid triglycerides have been removed, with a higher percentage of the low melting shorter-chain triglycerides remaining.
- What are MCTs? Medium Chain Triglycerides are the triglyceryl esters of the C8 (Caprylic Acid)and C10 (Capric Acid) fatty acids only. MCT oil has been used as an easily digested fat source that is also well absorbed but tends not to store as body fat. It has been used by people who have had gastric bypass or pancreatic enzyme insufficiencies as it both digests and absorbs better than ordinary oils.
- How is this product different from MCT oil? MCT oil contains ONLY the triglyceryl esters of C8 and C10 fatty acids and is typically derived from palm kernel oil that has been fractionated. Liquid Coconut Oil (LCO) is a fractionated coconut oil that contains the same two C8 and C10 fatty acids but also contains a reasonable percentage of the C12 (Lauric Acid) fatty acids. Lauric acid has been described as the bodys source of monolaurin, which is produced internally and has reputed health benefits.
- Is the coconut flavor from the coconuts or is the flavor added in? If so, what is the natural flavor derived from? The flavor is naturally from coconut oil. This inherent flavor is primarily due to the C9 and C10 gamma lactones naturally occurring initially as glyceryl esters in the coconut oil.
- How should the oil be stored? At room temperature (75-77oF) away from heat and light (our bottles are UV absorbing), in a tightly sealed container.
- Does this oil have the same health benefits as traditional coconut oil? Coconut oil has a wider range of fatty acids than liquid coconut oil. However, Liquid coconut oil is comparable to MCT oil with respect to health benefits and their ability to support weight management.
- What is the smoke point of the liquid oil? The actual smoke point temperature is not available for our oil; however coconut oils smoke point is 350-360oF and 320oF for MCT, so we would expect the LCO to have a smoke point of at least 320oF but less than 360oF.
- Can the liquid oil be used the same way as traditional coconut oil? Yes.
our liquid coconut oil is specially processed to remain free-flowing at room temperature. This means no more waiting for solid coconut oil to melt! It also has a higher concentration of MCT fatty acids and contains no trans-fats